Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A lot of comic actors derive their main force from childish behavior. Most great comics are doing such silly things; you'd say, "That's what a child would do."
- Actors fall into this trap if they missed being loved for who they really were and not for what they could do - sing, dance, joke about - then they take that as love.
- And in Frisco and in The Woman in Red, I had to ride badly. Then you have to really ride well in order to ride badly.
- Great art direction is NOT the same thing as great film direction!
- I don't mean to sound - I don't want it to come out funny, but I don't like show business. I love - I love acting in films. I love it.
- I love the art of acting, and I love film, because you always have another chance if you want it. You know, if we - if this isn't going well, you can't say - well, you could say - let's stop. Let's start over again, Gene, because you were too nervous.
- I never thought of it as God. I didn't know what to call it. I don't believe in devils, but demons I do because everyone at one time or another has some kind of a demon, even if you call it by another name, that drives them.
- I wanted to do - there was this film called Magic that Anthony Hopkins did. And the director wanted me. The writer wanted me. Joe Levine said "No, I don't want any comedians in this."
- I write funny. If I can make my wife laugh, I know I'm on the right track. But yes, I don't like to get Maudlin. And I have a tendency towards it.
- I'd like to do a comedy with Emma Thompson. I admire her as an actress so much. I love her. And I didn't know it until recently that her whole career started in comedy.