- A movie is never finished, only abandoned.
- Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it.
- Good luck has its storms.
- I regret not the things I have done, only those I have yet to do.
- It's not like the old 'Star Wars'. This one's a little bit more emotional. We like to describe Episode III as Titanic in space. It's a tearjerker.
- Sound is 50 percent of the moviegoing experience.
- The secret to film is that it's an illusion.
- A talent is a combination of something you love a great deal, something you can lose yourself in - something that you can start at 9 in the morning, look up from your work and it's 10 o'clock at night - and something that you have a natural ability to do very well.
- Special effects are just a tool: a means of telling a story. People have a tendency to confuse them as an ends unto themselves. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing. ( @9:39)
- Remember in the end, John, you're not looking at the background, you're not watching the Pods, you're listening to the music.
- George Lucas to John Knoll