Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There ain't a dime's worth of difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.
- They've called us rednecks—the Republicans and the Democrats. Well, we're going to show, there sure are a lot of rednecks in this country.
- If any demonstrator ever lays down in front of my car, it'll be the last car he'll ever lay down in front of.
- 1968 campaign slogan
- I've read about foreign policy and studied — I know the number of continents.
- I've seen many politicians paralyzed in the legs as myself, but I've seen more of them who were paralyzed in the head.
- The doves in this country and some of the media are the cause of fifty-some-odd-thousand Americans being killed and all that money being spent, and all that inflation.
- There's some people who've gone over the state and said, "Well, George Wallace has talked too strong about segregation." Now let me ask you this: how in the name of common sense can you be too strong about it? You're either for it or you're against it. There's not any middle ground as I know of. (1959)