Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I would define globalization as the freedom for my group of companies to invest where it wants when it wants, to produce what it wants, to buy and sell where it wants, and support the fewest restrictions possible coming from labour laws and social conventions (Percy Barnevik, President of the ABB Industrial Group, in his address to the annual meeting of Assea Brown Boveri in 1996).
- The poor complain; they always do,
But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all,
At least to all who matter.
- Poem by a Canadian economist (Gerald Helleiner) 
- After the big companies have reached their goal and have collected enough money to buy a planet, they go home and all that is left are products. Globalization only gives us products, and kills our culture. Culture, if we help it, can last forever but toys are only temporary and are insignifigant compared to who we are.
- Edward McMahan an English Psychologist
- The task of providing a human dimension to development in the era of Globalization has become a major challenge, since all of us have to deal not only with a radically new reality, but especially with the ethical vacuum which the idolatry of the marketplace has caused...
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso, former president of Brazil