- “Never make negative comments or spread rumors about anyone. It depreciates their reputation AND yours.”
- Brian Koslow, American author
- I hate to spread rumours, but what else can one do with them?
- Of course we women gossip on occasion. But our appetite for it is not as avid as a man's. It is in the boys' gyms, the college fraternity houses, the club locker rooms, the paneled offices of business that gossip reaches its luxuriant flower.
- There are all kinds of rumors about me—and they're all true, every one of them. You can make some up if you want.
- “I think the hardest part about being a teenager is dealing with other teenagers: the criticism and the ridicule, the gossip and rumors.”
- Beverly Mitchell
- Gossip is just news running ahead of itself in a red satin dress.
- Gossip is charming! History is merely gossip . . . But scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Gossip. It's just a harmless form of recreation. It's careless talk that deals in polite fiction. It's nasty speculation that's based on not so polite fact. How do we protect ourselves from the venomous sting of such idle gossip? The best way is just to tell the truth and wait for people to start talking about someone else.