Talk:Harbhajan Singh Yogi
"There's Nothing Good or Bad but Thinking Makes It So." I think the wikiquote system should acknowledge that the quote by Harbhajan was originally uttered by Shakespeare in Hamlet. I think wikipedia should state this as so.
There was the YB quote about souls having a human experience as in, "We are not born as a human for spiritual experience. We are spirit, born for human experience." I think the Jesuit priest, Pierre Teilhard De Chardin (1881-1955) said it best as, “We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.” I think further research could show that more quotes did not originate with YB, but from YB's reading list. Kahlil Gibran may be a good source.
- In between birth and death, you have a time to emit light so you leave behind a legacy.
- I did not come to collect students, but to train teachers.
- There are two ways of living in this world; the way of worry and the way of relaxation. If you worry, you have to concentrate to imagine, and it becomes physical work. But if you turn your mind to the Universal Mind, then things will come to you.
- Try your best and let the universe do the rest.
- Tomorrow always becomes today and yesterday is always gone. Therefore, life is a gift. Don't drift or create a rift. Be happy as long as breath is in you.
- If you want to refrain from something, refrain when you are young. Youth is the time of life when you can do anything. It is during the time of old age that the bloody wolf declares, "Now I have become a vegetarian," because after losing his teeth he can't hunt anything.
- Whatever you are, you are. Be proud of it.
- Your greatness is measured by your gifts, not your possessions.
- Do not seek approval from others, seek approval from yourself.
- Love is self-sacrifice. Love is the experience within one's self of one's own selflessness; that's why love is God. No one can explain love, because love is ecstasy. Love is the essence of ever-longing devotion. Love does not change. If love changes, it is not love.
- We are not born as a human for spiritual experience. We are spirit, born for human experience.
- This seems to be a paraphrase of Jesuit Priest Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, who wrote, “We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.”
- Evolved human beings have a very calm breath. Normally you breathe 15 times a minute. If you breath 10 times a minute you'll be very energetic. If you breathe 5 times a minute you'll be very intelligent. If you can breathe 1 time a minute you will become invincible.
- If you really want respect in this life, never advise anybody without being asked; and secondly, when somebody really asks you for advice, just wait until he is ready to listen; and when you find the person is really ready to listen, then always give him polarity, the two sides of the subject as you know it.
- What is God? Is he six hands? Ten heads? Is He a matter? Is He a body? No, He is cosmic energy; it prevails through everybody. All that we can feel, can know, or can imagine is God. His identity is Nam because He is Truth; that is why we call Him Sat Nam. He is yin-yang; He is positive and negative. He is male, female. He is the Creator and his creation. That is why we say Sat Nam.
- Oneness is achieved by recognising your self.
- Slander hurts you most of all. It is self-poison; it eats away at the soul. If you see something that is not right, do not voice it until you know what to do with it.
- When you speak from the heart, you rule. When you speak from the head, you destroy.
- Human beings are the only creatures that have the ability, through the power of the spoken word, to raise another person's consciousness to the level of Infinity. Communication is not meant to be a win or lose situation. It is meant to share what our spirit is, what Infinite Truth is, what God is.
- Falling into prayer is the same thing as falling in Love. It is an infinite fall. You can never come out of it. And in all of human existence these two experiences are the highest.
- You have to understand the purpose of life. The purpose of life is to do something which will live forever.
- If you serve yourself, that is Karma; if you serve others, that is Dharma.
- Drive your life like a car, and you will be fine. Use a signal to change lanes. Drive carefully and shift the gears as you face the day. Gas up the car and check the oil before you go, that is called Sadhana (daily spiritual discipline). It is a mental cleansing process, a tune-up to the point of elevation every day.
- You are what you relate to. If you relate to an infinity you are an infinity. If you limit yourself, then you are limited.
- We have been blessed in virtue as human beings with three things: body, mind, and soul. Soul is the highest self; body and mind are there to serve the soul. The purpose of life, the attitude of life, is to serve the soul.
- When you understand who and what you are, your radiance projects into the universal radiance and everything around you becomes creative and full of opportunity.
- Life is in balance. The swings in the mind are there to give you the experience, and to let you discover the you within you. For all those who will praise and recognize you, there may be an equal number who want to slander you. That balance and swing lets your standard be tested. You cannot hold to something external. You must find your own depth and test it, confirm it. So calamity is not bad. It is right, to test you.
- An uplifting song is a conscious ecstacy, a combination of soul, mind and body when man becomes crystal clear and reaches God.
- There is nothing good, nothing bad; thinking makes it so. All is God. In the worst there is God; in the best there is God. Beyond God there is nothing.
- Meditation is not what you do in the morning, that's practice. Meditation is the daily result of that practice.
- A person who is pure cannot become poor. Do not measure everything with money. Measure everything with grace.
- Where there is forgiveness, there is God. Where there is sacrifice, there is compassion. And where there is service, there is radiance of the human. Is there anything more precious in a human than these objectives?
- Your strength is how calmly, quietly and peacefully you face life.
- Nothing can change the pattern of human destiny until the devotion is so strong that one is willing to sacrifice his patterns. And when that occurs, life is grantedly changed. Elevated consciousness is a surety. Happiness is around the corner.
- You cannot help but change. So change towards righteousness. It is possible and it is human.
- In stillness lies the sound which is the creative existence of God. Whoever masters the stillness and the silence, and can understand it, receives all knowledge.
- Gratitude is the open door to abundance.
- Without meditation, and without a relationship to your mind, you fail to use the power of the mind. You fail to rely on your self. You complicate your approach. You do not use the beautiful designs given to you by birthright in this body, that link the effectiveness of body, mind, soul and you.
- If you want to learn a thing, read that; if you want to know a thing, write that; if you want to master a thing, teach that.
- Everything else you have been told so far is totally W-R-O-N-G! You are not a body, not a mind, not a soul, not God, and definitely not a devil. Every normal person thinks, imagines, and projects through the mind. Then ultimately identifies with the mind and becomes dependent on the mind. The reality is that one should not depend on the mind. Instead, one should project from the point of view of their consciousness. When you live consciously conscious with the mind and consciousness balanced, you develop a capacity for sensitivity we call reverence. Then relationships are healing, wise, and productive.
- Enrich yourself with sacredness and opportunity will come to you from every corner.
- There is a conflict of head and heart. When the head learn how to bow to the heart, you have started to become human.
- God is our help, the only power we have is prayer, and the worth of life is just the graceful moments we live. If you remember these words, you will always find me around you.
- The strength of you is your consciousness, your intelligence, the understanding, the depth, not the depth of how well rooted you are in the planet earth, your depth of how heavenly you are being on the earth. That's the exchange, that's the change and exchange for prosperity. Not be selfish, you'll have prosperity, virtue, strength.
- The beauty of white tantric yoga is that it is subtle, it is exalting and it works to give you the mastery of life.
- Your mind must be developed, artistic, and self-controlled. It must gain a neutrality that lets you encounter and enjoy the constant change that is life.
- Life — Life is flowing… Moment to moment… Flow with it,And be sheltered from the hassles Of time and space. Life is full of Power… Live it… From breath… To breath!
- We make everything important in our lives except learning about our Selves.
- Kundalini Yoga is uncoiling yourself to find your potential and your vitality and to reach for your virtues. There is nothing from outside. Try to understand that. All is in you. You are the storehouse of your totality.
- A true spiritual man is one who lives for Infinity, and whose presence creates peace. If your presence doesn't work, nothing works.
- If you want to be happy, do not hear anything negative, do not say anything negative, do not do anything negative.
If you want to learn something quote
If you want to learn something, read about it. If you want to understand something, write about it. If you want to master something, teach it.