Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A babe in the house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for innocence on earth, a link between angels and men.
- All things truly wicked start from an innocence.
- Atheism is aristocratic; the idea of a great Being that watches over oppressed innocence and punishes triumphant crime is altogether popular.
- Crime butchers innocence to secure a throne, and innocence struggles with all its might against the attempts of crime.
- He that is conscious of guilt cannot bear the innocence of others: So they will try to reduce all others to their own level.
- I think innocence is something that adults project upon children that's not really there.
- In every American there is an air of incorrigible innocence, which seems to conceal a diabolical cunning.
- Individualism is rather like innocence; there must be something unconscious about it.
- Innocence always calls mutely for protection when we would be so much wiser to guard ourselves against it: innocence is like a dumb leper who has lost his bell, wandering the world, meaning no harm.
- Innocence is always unsuspicious.
- Innocence is like polished armor; it adorns and defends.
- It is innocence that is full and experience that is empty. It is innocence that wins and experience that loses.
- It's innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn't.
- Remorse is virtue's root; its fair increase are fruits of innocence and blessedness.
- The Architect is just one of a series of works which examine the confrontation of innocence and experience, illustrating the complex ethics of power that exist between reader and writer, critic and artist, the human and the divine.
- To vice, innocence must always seem only a superior kind of chicanery.
- Victims suggest innocence. And innocence, by the inexorable logic that governs all relational terms, suggests guilt.
- Where choice begins, Paradise ends, innocence ends, for what is Paradise but the absence of any need to choose this action?
- Where I live, nobody who's fourteen is having sex and doing major drugs. And I think if you see it in the movies, you may be influenced by it. I think it's so important to preserve your innocence.