- These should be provided with sources before being moved back into the article.
- Children are ambassadors from another dimension and should be treated with diplomatic courtesy.
- Hitting a child is worse than MURDER!
- The symbol is the enemy of the reality, and the reality is ever one's true guide, true friend, true companion, and true self.
- Sex is divided into two sections/That come together in several connections/Connections legal and illicit/If we didn't have sex, I bet we'd miss it."(1940s)
- Regarding citation: These quotes come mostly from talks Irving Fiske gave on philosophy, religion, and the nature of thought and human existence in places like Goddard College, Plainfield, VT., Vermont College, Montpelier, VT., The Gallery Gwen, New York, New York, and at Quarry Hill, Irving Fiske's home in Rochester, VT (see Wikipedia article on Quarry Hill Creative Center). Many people heard him say these particular quotes,and copies of some of these are also in the Fiske family archives in Rochester. Some are also on audio or videotape.
(Isabella Fiske McFarlin, I.F.'s daughter)
These come from talks Irving gave at colleges etc. I have them on tape. Isabella Fiske McFarlin, Irving's daughter. What kind of sources do you want? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:08, 9 April 2013
- Published ones that can be verified by Wikiquote readers. Notable secondary sources would help to show that the remarks are quoted somewhere. ~ Ningauble (talk) 17:14, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Well, I am writing a book about our lives, so they will soon be in print. I have copies of the tapes of his talks. I could send Wikipedia a copy! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:13, 23 April 2013
I wrote that. Irving used these quotes in his talks. They were public. They were in his 1977 (I think) talk at Goddard College in VT. Please let them stand. I will try to arrange for abut her sourcing. Ladybelle Fiske (talk) 21:43, 19 September 2016 (UTC)