Talk:J. Frank Dobie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- From the introductory comments to Dobie's Guide to Life and Literature of the Southwest: "Not copyright in 1942. Again not copyright in 1952. Anybody is welcome to help himself to any of it in any way."
- The average Ph.D. thesis is nothing but a transfer of bones from one graveyard to another....
- Conform and be dull.
- I rate censors, particularly those of church and state, as low as I rate character assassins; they often run together.
- If during a decade a man does not change his mind on some things and develop new points of view, it is a pretty good sign that his mind is petrified and need no longer be accounted among the living.
- I'd rather starve and be independent than thrive on conformity. I'm not starving.
- Great literature transcends its native land, but none that I know of ignores its soil.