Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A lot of people attack the sea, I make love to it.
- And let us remember too that life, in its exuberance, always succeeds in overflowing the narrow limits within which man thinks he can confine it.
- However fragmented the world, however intense the national rivalries, it is an inexorable fact that we become more interdependent every day.
- I believe that national sovereignties will shrink in the face of universal interdependence.
- If we were logical, the future would be bleak indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings, and we have faith, and we have hope and we can work.
- It is certain that the study of human psychology, if it were undertaken exclusively in prisons, would also lead to misrepresentation and absurd generalizations.
- On studying sea life in artificial environments.
- It takes generosity to discover the whole through others. If you realize you are only a violin, you can open yourself up to the world by playing your role in the concert.
- Mankind has probably done more damage to the Earth in the 20th century than in all of previous human history.
- No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
- No sooner does man discover intelligence than he tries to involve it in his own stupidity.
- People protect what they love.
- The awareness of our environment came progressively in all countries with different outlets.
- The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish.
- The future is in the hands of those who explore... and from all the beauty they discover while crossing perpetually receding frontiers, they develop for nature and for humankind an infinite love.
- The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For man it is to know that and to wonder at it.
- The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.
- The real cure for our environmental problems is to understand that our job is to salvage Mother Nature. . . We are facing a formidable enemy in this field. It is the hunters... and to convince them to leave their guns on the wall is going to be very difficult.
- The sea, once it casts its spell, holds on in its net of wonder forever .
- The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat.
- To yackety-yak about the past is for me time lost. Every morning I wake up saying, "I'm still alive — a miracle." And so I keep on pushing.
- Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.
- We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one.
- When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself.