In my mind, the presentations of quotes pro-SH as the first and nearly only ones given are typically a pro invasion of iraq viewpoint --22.214.171.124 22:10, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
- I acted on the problem myself by adding sourced quotes on various domains ... --126.96.36.199 09:52, 9 October 2007 (UTC)
Terrorism has become the systematic weapon of a war that knows no borders or seldom has a face.
I don't know how to source, but that was in the unsourced section, here's the source. He says it near the top of the article, as quoted by Time Magazine.
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Jacques Chirac. --Antiquary 18:40, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- Terrorism has become the systematic weapon of a war that knows no borders or seldom has a face.
- Terrorism takes us back to ages we thought were long gone if we allow it a free hand to corrupt democratic societies and destroy the basic rules of international life.
- These irresponsible acts, which cannot have any justification whatsoever, are to be fully condemned. In these appalling circumstances, I want to offer you the most sincere condolences, both in my name and in that of the French people.
- Finally, a safer world presupposes the revival of the virtuous circle of non-proliferation of weapons and disarmament.
- The European Union and Russia have an identical viewpoint. We have condemned any potential revision of the ABM treaty, believing that such a revision will involve a risk of proliferation that will be very dangerous for the future.
- National Missile Defense is of a nature to retrigger a proliferation of weapons, notably nuclear missiles. Everything that goes in the direction of proliferation is a bad direction.
- If our language, our programs, our creations are not strongly present in the new media, the young generation of our country will be economically and culturally marginalized.
- If we prove capable of showing a pioneering commitment, we shall create a community listened to around the world.
- Liberalism is as dangerous an ideology as communism, and like communism it will not prevail.
- You only have to look back at 1935. There were people then who were against France arming itself, and look what happened.
- Don't cry ma cherie. You are coming home with us. (To a boat people refugee in Paris, who he later informally adopted.)
- The construction of Europe is an art. It is the art of the possible.
- What more does she want this housewife ? My balls on a plate ? (about Margaret Thatcher)
- Romania and Bulgaria were particularly irresponsible. If they wanted to diminish their chances of joining Europe they could not have found a better way.
- When you are in the family... you have more rights than when you are asking to join and knocking on the door.
- The only thing worse that British food is Finnish food.
- As soon as one nation claims the right to take preventive action, other countries will naturally do the same. If we go down that road, where are we going?
- One can go to war alone, but you can't build peace alone.
- The unanimous vote by the Security Council... offers Iraq a chance to disarm in peace. That was the meaning of France's initiative since the start.
- The message of the international community is clear - it has united to tell Iraq that it is now time to co-operate fully with the United Nations.
- One month, two months, I am ready to accept any accord on this point that has the approval of the inspectors.
- France is doing everything it can, but the problem is that it is impossible to stop Bush from pursuing to the end his logic of war.