Jump to navigation Jump to search
- That I did not fail was due in part to patience....
- Chimpanzees have given me so much.
- Thinking back over my life, it seems to me that there are different ways of looking out and trying to understand the world around us. There's a very clear scientific window. And it does enable us to understand an awful lot about what's out there. There's another window, it's the window through which the wise men, the holy men, the masters, of the different and great religions look as they try to understand the meaning in the world. My own preference is the window of the mystic.
- This is the most incredible, exciting, amazing thing that could possibly have happened. It happened while I was here. This is our third lot of twins in 38 years. It's Gremlin, my favorite chimp. I mean look at them. Look. They're less than a week old. Brand new. First of all, it's amazingly exciting to have twins but to have twins born to your favorite female who I've known since she was an itsy-bitsy thing herself. All her other children I've known as tiny little babies. And she's such a good mother. (On the birth of Chimpanzee twins)
- When the aging gorilla is confronted with the much more virile, new alpha-male, he shows submissiveness by grooming the alpha-male, but the gesture is actually a vain attempt by the old gorilla to humiliate his much younger rival.