I thought "(Me and) Bobby McGee was written by Kristofferson for Janis,.
It was, but she didn't write it, so she doesn't get credit for coming up with it.
- I guess I'm the world's first hippie pinup girl.
- Audiences like their blues singers to be miserable.
- Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers. You can fill your life up with ideas and still go home lonely. All you really have that really matters are feelings. That's what music is to me.
- Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.
- I'm one of those regular weird people.
- It's gonna be a long hard drag, but we'll make it.
- It's hard to be free but when it works, it' s worth it!
- On stage I make love to twenty five thousand people; and then I go home alone.
- (When asked to define "Acid Rock") I wouldn't know. I'm a juicer.
- "I think I think too much. That's why I drink!"