|This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion.
See its archived VfD entry for details.
Unsourced moved from the main page
- אף אחד לא עוזב אותנו, אנחנו רק עוזבים אחרים. - נתנאל ונגר
- Nobody leaves us, we only leave others. --Nathaniel Wenger
- ידע הוא כמו זבל, זה טוב רק כאשר הוא מתפשט.
- Knowledge is like manure, it's only good when spread.
- Intelligent people know of what they speak; fools speak of what they know. --Minchas Shabbos
- A Jewish man just needs to look down if he doesn’t believe the voices in his head. - Nathaniel Wenger
מי שאוכל לבד, מת לבד
- He who eats alone, dies alone.
- Helping a man across the ocean does not mean buying him goggles. - Nathaniel Wenger
- It is an old Jewish saying that "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made Grandmothers”.
- The ones around the golden calf must wonder if the gold is more important than the calf.
- איזהו העשיר? השמח בחלקו
- Translation: Who is the rich person? The one who is happy with what he has.
- מיום שחרב בית המקדש, נלקחה הנבואה מן הנביאים, וניתנה לשוטים ולתינוקות
- Translation: Ever since the fall of the holy temple, it has come to be that prophecy was taken away from the prophets, and given to the infants and the fools
- Small children, small problems; big children, big problems.
- You always learn something even if you don’t know it.
- Be exceedingly humble in spirit, for the hope of earthly man is decay -R' Levitas of Yavneh
- Anticipate every man's greeting; be a tail among lions than a head among foxes -R' Matya ben Charash
Throw a real quote from Ethics of The Fathers into a pile of other quotes and what do you have? Chicken soup with Hamen Tashen. You may delete this line AFTER removing the "R' Levitas of Yavneh" part above, and perhaps obviously the "Who is the rich person" Pirkei Avos quote too...