Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can be disappointed, but you can't walk away.
- November 2nd, Election Night, Front of Kerry supporters gathered in Boston.
- We want to take back America, and together we will.
- Today, under George W. Bush, there are two Americas, not one: One America that does the work, another that reaps the reward. One America that pays the taxes, another America that gets the tax breaks. One America - middle-class America - whose needs Washington has long forgotten, another America - narrow-interest America - whose every wish is Washington's command. One America that is struggling to get by, another America that can buy anything it wants, even a Congress and a president.
- Excerpt from stump speech, 2004 presidential primary campaign
- Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal.
- October 10, 2002
From ABC's This Week with George Stephanopolous
- American presidents since Woodrow Wilson have promoted democracy.
- George Bush has made us a target.
- Millionaires in this country don’t need additional tax cuts.
- I take responsibility for the election itself.
- We can compete and we should compete in national elections.
- On the Democratic Party's poor performance in the South in 2004
- I think they had an impact, but I don’t support gay marriage, John Kerry didn’t support gay marriage. I think it is an enormous mistake for us the Democratic Party, or me to become something I’m not.
- On the idea that the issue of same-sex marriage affected the outcome of the 2004 Presidential election
- I don’t believe the answer for us is to invoke the Lord’s name 55 times in a speech. It looks political.
- On the idea that the Democratic Party needs to speak to voters in more religious terms
Campaign 2004 Quotes
- On Christopher Reeve: "If we can do the work that we can do in this country -- the work we will do when John Kerry is president -- people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."
- October 10, 2004, campaign event in Iowa
From MSNBC's Meet the Press
- Sometimes people need a breather.
Iowa Debate 2007
- I was thinking were gonna have this debate and everybody on TV is wondering who scored the most points, who won the debate, all of us are gonna be fine (I don't know?) but will America be fine? 35 million people last year went hungry, 37 million lived in poverty, every day 47 million people live without healthcare, who will take on system that is rigged and corrupt? this is about what America needs. Our democratic party needs to show some backbone for what we know is right!