Talk:John W. Campbell
- Never accept the initial premise of the opposition.
- Pioneering basically consists of finding new and more horrible ways to die.
- Show me a creature that thinks as well as a man, or better than a man... but not like a man.
- Also phrased as "Give me" or "Write me" and "an alien" or "something".
- We presuppose two things: that there is yet to be learned infinitely more than is now known, and that man can learn it.
- When I write, I write only my own stories. As editor, I write the stories that a hundred people write.
- Said to Isaac Asimov
- You can't do just one thing.
- Sometimes described as "Campbell's Law of Everything" or "Campbell's Law of Interrelatedness"