Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ray Martin: Is it true you would give anything to play sport for Australia?
Kerry Packer: Anything.
Martin: What sport?
Packer: Any sport - Marbles!
- Interview on Australian TV
- I don't want to be left behind. In fact I want to be there before the action starts.
- His goal for the reporting of news.
- There is a little bit of the whore in all of us, gentlemen. What is your price?
- To the Australian Cricket Board in 1976, seeking the right to televise Test matches.
- Strict but magnificent.
- On his tough father Sir Frank Packer
- From now on it is every man for himself and let the devil take the hindmost.
- Storming out of a meeting with ICC members at Lord's in 1977.
- An Alan Bond only happens to you once.
- After Mr Bond bought the Channel Nine network for $1.05 billion in 1987. Packer bought it back three years later for $300 million.
- I've been to the other side, and let me tell you son, there's f...ing nothing there.
- In 1990 after his heart stopped while playing polo.
- He wasn't very lovable but he was bloody efficient.
- On one of his heroes, Genghis Khan.
- If a working class Englishman saw a bloke drive past in a Rolls-Royce, he'd say to himself 'Come the social revolution and we'll take that away from you, mate'. Whereas if his American counterpart saw a bloke drive past in a Cadillac he'd say 'One day I'm going to own one of those'. To my way of thinking the first attitude is wrong. The latter is right.