Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Many things are not well understood by us not because our concepts are weak, but because those things lay outside of our concepts
- Многие вещи нам непонятны не потому, что наши понятия слабы; но потому, что сии вещи не входят в круг наших понятий
- Throwing pebbles into the water, look at the ripples they form on the surface. Otherwise this activity will be an empty amusement.
- Where is the beginning of the end that comes at the end of the beginning?
- If you have a fountain, shut it down. Let even a fountain have a rest.
- If you see a "buffalo" sign on an elephant's cage, do not trust your eyes.
- If ever asked: What's more useful, the sun or the moon, respond: The moon. For the sun only shines during daytime, when it's light anyway, whereas the moon shines at night.
- Usually associated with Nasreddin.
- Nobody can take hold of limitless.
- When it concerns art, every tailor has views of his own.
- Every expert is like a gumboil: his fullness is one-sided.
- Not every general is stout by nature.
- Snap a mare on the nose and she will flap her tail.
- God placed death at the end of life to give us time to prepare for it.
- If you want to be happy, be so.
- Frequently misattributed to Leo Tolstoy.
- If you want to be handsome, enroll in the Hussars.
- Diligence overcomes everything!
- Sometimes, diligence can overcome even the reason.
- How pathetic is any constitution at sight of well-kept ammunition!
- Don't tell jokes to the ladies, for these jokes are stupid and obscene.