Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What Other countries have taken three hundred years or more to achieve, a once dependent territory must try to accomplish in generation if is to survive. Unless it is, as it were jet propelled, it will lag behind and thus risk everything for which it has fought.
- By far the greatest wrong which the departing colonialists inflicted on us, which we now continue to inflict on ourselves in our present state of disunity, was to leave us divided into economically unviable States which bear no possibility of real development.
- OAU Summit Conference Cairo 7/19/1964 -- published where?
- The best way to learn how to be an independent sovereign state is to be an Independent sovereign state.
- One can compromise over programme, but not over principle. Any compromise over principle is the same as the abandonment of it.
- Cited in S. C. Ferguson, Philosophy of African American Studies, p. 48