- Why pick the fruit from the tree when someone can pick it for you?
- I like the word 'indolence'. It makes my laziness seem classy.
- Bernie Williams
- To cease to act is to cease to exist.
- Voltaire (attributed)
- Laziness lends assistance to fatigue.
- Laziness pays off today, work only tomorrow.
- A lazy man looks for light employment.
- The idle man does not know what it is to enjoy rest, for he has not earned it.
- The lazier a man is, the more he plans to do tomorrow.
- Tomorrow is the only day in the year that appeals to a lazy man.
- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
- The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves.
- Too many young people itch for what they want without scratching for it.
- Determine never to be idle... It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
- A lazy person, whatever the talents with which he set out, will have condemned himself to second-hand thoughts and to second-rate friends.
- There is no fatigue so wearisome as that which comes from lack of work.
- Laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- Laziness grows on people; it begins in cobwebs and ends in iron chains. The more one has to do, the more he is able to accomplish.
- Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind.
- For I must go where lazy Peace
Will hide her drowsy head;
And, for the sport of kings, increase
The number of the dead.
- William Davenant
- Laziness is a virtue. Those who can be bothered to tell you otherwise are clearly lacking it.
- Emery Finkelstein