The when small men begin to cast big shadows quote
- See also: Wikiquote:Reference_desk/Archive/2#"When small men cast long shadows, it's a sure sign the sun is setting"
I've decided it'd better be under Lin Yutang's name in Wikiquote than nowhere at all (that archive page aside). Also, I've based it on GIGA Quotes and ThinkExist. Other sites have different variations of this quote (which are also attributed to other people or to no one at all), but they seem less professional when it comes to quotes. -Lwc 12:17, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Lin Yutang. --Antiquary 19:17, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- If you spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live.
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
- When you take a bath, you are civilized, when you don't take a bath, you are cultured.
- I have a hankering to go back to the Orient and discard my necktie. Neckties strangle clear thinking.
- No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
- A good traveler is one who does not know where he is going, and a perfect traveler does not know where he came from.
All philosophy begins in a successful bowel movement
"all+philosophy"+"successful+bowel+movement" All philosophy begins in a successful bowel movement.--ShedCorner (talk) 13:22, 29 September 2012 (UTC)