Jump to navigation Jump to search
solitude is a good place to visit but a bad place to stay. Very true.
- Loneliness is a barrier that prevents one from uniting with the inner self.
- Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
- Don't attach yourself to anyone who shows you the least bit of attention because you're lonely. Loneliness is the human condition. No one is ever going to fill that space.
- Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you'll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.
- At the innermost core of all loneliness is a deep and powerful yearning for union with one's lost self.
- When so many are lonely… as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.
- Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.