Talk:Louisa May Alcott
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Her mom told her think of others before oneself.She belived the lesson was very important.
- I asked for bread, and I got a stone in the shape of a pedestal.
- I put in my list all the busy, useful independent spinsters I know, for liberty is a better husband than love to many of us.
- Many argue; not many converse.
- Now Im beginning to live a little and feel less like a sick oyster at low tide.
- Now we are expected to be as wise as men who have had generations of all the help there is, and we scarcely anything.
- People don't have fortunes left them — nowadays; men have to work, and women to marry for money. It's a dreadfully unjust world....
- Resolve to take fate by the throat and shake a living out of her.
- We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing.