Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A well dressed woman, even though her purse is painfully empty, can conquer the world.
- Every actor has a natural animosity toward every other actor, present or absent, living or dead.
- I learned how to act by watching Martha Graham dance and I learned how to dance by watching Charles Chaplin act.
- Most beautiful dumb girls think they are smart and get away with it, because other people, on the whole, aren't much smarter.
- Love is a publicity stunt, and making love - after the first curious raptures - is only another petulant way to pass the time waiting for the studio to call.
- The great art of films does not consist of descriptive movement of face and body but in the movements of thought and soul transmitted in a kind of intense isolation.
- There is no other occupation in the world that so closely resembled enslavement as the career of a film star.
- I never gave away anything without wishing I had kept it; nor kept anything without wishing I had given it away.