- A good number of the unsourced quotes have sources. Do the sources give their orgins so we can put them int he sourced catagory? --22.214.171.124 00:51, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
Jmacwiki 07:41, 2 February 2008 (UTC) Speaking only for my own addition ("drifted"), it comes from the movie that is cited. Is there a standard format to reference such sources? E.g., "version (c) 1933, 1:09:26 into the film", just as we might cite (c) date and page number from a book.
Jmacwiki 22:49, 8 February 2008 (UTC) Another sourcing: "His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork" is (my memory tells me) almost certainly a comment on Lloyd Nolan's character in "Every Day's a Holiday".
Also, "feel like a million" comes from Breckinridge, I believe.
I am not citing these as "sourced" because I haven't yet re-watched the movies. But if you are interested to tackle the sourcing, those are my suggestions for the films to watch.: —This unsigned comment is by Jmacwiki (talk • contribs) .
- Citations of published or recorded sources should be provided before moving these back into the article
- A hard man is good to find.
- An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away.
- On handling men: Tell the pretty ones they're smart and tell the smart ones they're pretty.
- He who hesitates is a damned fool.
- It's hard to find a good man, but it's good to find a hard one.
- His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.
- I believe in censorship. I made a fortune out of it.
- I consider sex a misdemeanor; the more I miss, de meaner I get.
- I do all my best work in bed.
- I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- I never meant "Come up and see me some time" to be sexy.
- I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it.
- If I asked for a cup of coffee, someone would search for the double meaning.
- It is better to be looked over than being overlooked.
- Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache.
- Reputation is everything.
- Men are like Cigars, If you don't attend to them, they go out.
- Right now I think censorship is necessary; the things they're doing and saying in films right now just shouldn't be allowed. There's no dignity anymore, and I think that's very important.
- Sex is an emotion in motion.
- Sex is like bridge; if you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand.
- Sex with love is the greatest thing in life. But sex without love — that's not so bad either.
- Speak up for yourself, or you'll end up a rug.
- The best way to hold a man is in your arms.
- Too much of a good thing can be simply wonderful.
- You can say what you like about long dresses, but they cover a multitude of shins.
- You may think you're in love when the passions of sex get hold of you, but if you didn't love the man before, you won't love him after. Live him, maybe— but not love him.
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.