Talk:Marcus Junius Brutus
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please rename to Marcus Junius Brutus so it can be linked to in the article on en.wikipedia. 22.214.171.124 16:12, 18 October 2005 (UTC)
- Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.
- Thus always I eradicate tyrants' lives. Often shortened to sic semper tyrannis: thus always to tyrants.
- Supposedly said after he assassinated Caesar, though according to Plutarch, he did not have a chance to say anything.
- Escape, yes, but this time with my hands, not the feet.
- Last words before his suicide after the Battle of Phillipi, answering his friends pleas to escape from Octavianus (who later became known as Caesar Augustus).