Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Good art is art that allows you to enter it from a variety of angles and to emerge with a variety of views.
- Consider the lowly word if. If can launch any accusation into the public arena in the guise of fact. If can poison a life as surely as cyanide. Grease a sentence with if and you can skid from speculation to impeachment in the time it takes to say, Tricky Dick.
- You can map your life through your favorite movies, and no two people's maps will be the same.
- The movies we love and admire are to some extent a function of who we are when we see them.
- You can figure out who you were by which movies you loved when.
- TV happens. And once it's happened, it's gone. When it's gone, you move on, no tears, no tantrums, no videotape.
- All this situation does is remind people of the incredible power and potency of the Internet.