Re tom robbins: the tom robbins book was publsished in 1994, whereas the ice weasels quote in life in hell dates prior to 1990 (having been published in _the big book of hell_ 1990). Without further evidence, we should conclude that Robbins got the quote from Groening and not the other way around.
- Yes, I'll sign your doll. I like to give my autograph to anyone, anytime, anywhere. But why be happy with just an autograph? How about an original sketch or a snippet of my hair? Don't forget to pull on the beard; they say it's good luck!
- From The Simpsons
- People are throwing panties at you. They certainly never do that at my book-signings.
- On playing in The Rock Bottom Remainders
- If at first you don't succeed, give it up. It isn't worth the pain.
- I pretend to listen….what more does she want?
- Variant: What does she want from me? A guy can only pretend to listen so much.
- I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again
- Families are about love overcoming emotional torture.
- God often gives nuts to toothless people.
- My tastes are much more obscure than you think. The other day, this reporter asked me who my favorite Spice Girl was and I was like, 'I dunno, but ask me about percussion ensembles from Senegal'.
- I pledge impertinence to the flag waving, of the unindicted co-conspirators of America, and to the Republicans for which I can't stand, one abomination, underhanded fraud, indefensible, with Liberty and Justice... Forget it.