This page was created by merging together and massively trimming individual pages for each game in the series. Complete edit history can be found in the edit histories of the following pages, which currently redirect here:
- Metal Gear Solid
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- Someone has been undoing this merger today, and has raised the issue at Wikiquote:Votes for deletion/Metal Gear. ~ Ningauble 18:21, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
The formatting of this page is horrible, the quotes aren't given any context at all.
I'm wondering...Why are none of Mei Ling's proverbs listed here?
that, and a lot of longer passages... i'm going to try to look up the script and pull some out... but i can't promise and mei ling, since that's in the codec convos...--188.8.131.52 17:25, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
- I'd have to agree. Being such a fan of the series, it almost pains me to read this quote page to see a majority of them with no context while others, especially Snake's quotes, which aren't even meaningful. I'll be editing some of these entries soon.
- As to the quotes out of context, most of them would work a lot better if included in the dialogue section.
- --Kantele 15:12, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
Aww, I came to this page actually looking for some of mei lings proverbs... But there arn't any?! shocking 184.108.40.206 16:32, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
I also came here solely for Mei Ling's proverbs. For the involved gamer, those quotes are integral to the gaming experience of Metal Gear Solid. Of all the quotes to list why wouldn't you start with Mei Ling's proverbs? Extremely disappointed, in this page and gamers in general.
Hi. I just added some Mei Ling proverbs. This script dump(http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197909-metal-gear-solid/faqs/15129) is my source.
556 and pineapples
What does Snake mean by "armed with five-five-sixers and pineapples"? "556" means 5.56 mm bullets, right?
Pineapples is slang for grenades. The outside shell of some grenades have "bumps" that make the grenade look like a pinapple, like the Soviet F1 grenade
- Armed with NATO weapons that fire 5.56 mm rounds and shrapnel grenades. I don't think its clear which kind of grenades are used in the game, but certainly not anything Soviet or Russian. Their weapons are from the bases' stockpiles. --220.127.116.11 09:54, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- I just read some about grenades, and American grenades with the type of shell you referred to are also well known as 'pineapples'. In recent years, the US army has stopped using them and have smooth, round ones instead. I would assume the grenades in the game are within the M26 to M61 series of grenades.
- I would guess that they are infact the F1 Grenade, the french ones, since they are using french weapons such as famas.
- FN Herstal is Belgian, not French.
- True, but FN Herstal doesn't make the FAMAS, which is a French weapon.
- The FA-MAS is made by the French Arms Manufacturer called MAS.
More quotes and dialogues
Hey! Guys, if you need more quotes or dialogues from any characters go to www.metalgearconfidential.com. The site has a script dump of Metal Gear Solid. That should get so more quotes rolling. Oh yeah, I have a dialogue for Snake and Mei Ling. I'm trying to get the edit right but it isn't working. Can someone help me or edit it for me?
- Editors should also stop adding quotes from that abomination of a game The Twin Snakes. The dialog is much different in some places (and far better) 18.104.22.168 22:42, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- We need some quotes from the dialogue between The Boss and Snake at the beginning of Virtuous Mission. I'll always remember the principle of what she said about "Loyalty to the End" "Being loyal to the mission" but I can't think of how the conversation went exactly. --22.214.171.124 09:54, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
- We desperately need quotes from Metal Gear Rising. --126.96.36.199 19:01, 24 May 2013 (UTC)