Talk:Michael Scott Gallegos
| This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion. |
See its archived VfD entry for details.
Research is in-progress to verify the notability criterion. Linked wiktionary definition of "notable" in the Intro & added "Quotes about Gallegos" to append 3rd party references and praise for the work of Michael Scott Gallegos, to include his capacity as executive producer of ThoughtAudio, and in his audio narrations and the provision free classic audio books, in English, to schools, to the physically challenged, and to the general public, globally. ELApro (talk) 04:08, 5 December 2016 (UTC)
Please note that the "Quotes about Gallegos" section was added in response to the article being tagged due the lack of notability of the artist/photographer/producer/narrator/writer. The quotes under that section were entered to verify that there are 3rd parties, to included educational institutions, that recognize the notability and value of the audio books that he produces and narrates. Anything resembling promotion of his free audio books site will be removed if the article is retained. ELApro (talk) 04:11, 15 December 2016 (UTC)
Quotes about Gallegos
- to include quotes about Gallegos' audio narrations of classic literary works for free distribution by ThoughtAudio.
Note: The following quotes were lifted from the article and moved to this Discussion page, since they were inappropriately placed into the article in an overreaction of making a supporting argument in favor of the notability of Gallegos' productions. This section cites 3rd party references to the notability of Gallegos' work, to include ThoughtAudio. It was added in response to that page's nomination for deletion because of insufficient notability of the writer, not for the purpose of advertising ThoughtAudio as a site for the worldwise distribution of free audio books, as produced and narrated by Gallegos, to the general public
- If you are looking for downloadable audio books, ThoughtAudio.com is a good place to start. It lists lots of free full audio books. The collection consists of books from classic literature, history and philosophy, and includes well known titles such as The Call of the Wild, Sidhartha, Metamorphosis… etc.
- Kaly Arslan Esengulov, "ThoughtAudio: Lots of Free Full Audio Books" (July 31, 2009)
- Thought Audio is a producer and provider of free audio books featuring classic titles across a variety of genres. Thought Audio audio books are professionally narrated works...The library... contains some titles that are hard to find as audio files. For example you'll find titles like Thus Spoke Zarathustra, The Life of PT Barnum, and The Madman. You'll also find more commonly read titles like Alice in Wonderland, and Poe's The Raven.
- Richard Byrne, "Thought Audio - Free Audio Books," (Sep 7, 2007)
- 84 ThoughtAudio audiobooks and PDF transcripts of poems, short stories, and novels appropriate for upper grades.
- InfOhio, division of the Management Council of the Ohio Education Computer Network, "Fall 2016 Enhancements/Changes" (2016)
- Try Thought Audio, where there are books like "The Monkey’s Paw" and "The Happy Prince".
- Kay Tan, "Thought Audio," (October 25, 2012)
- As the world moves toward more complex interactions, one of the most fundemental aspects of humanity is to enjoy its thoughts and its great works. [ThoughtAudio's] journey has always been one of making classic literature available to anyone willing to listen... they are committed to bringing a small part of intellectual enjoyment to the globe.
- Marcus P. Zillman, M.S., A.M.H.A, "ThoughtAudio.com – The Gift of Knowledge," (August 31, 2009)