- A mind that moves too swiftly cannot pause to think.
- Simon May, English philosopher
- The brain is as strong as its weakest think.
- The mind is the clear (transparent or translucent) faculty of knowing to which things can appear and be ascertained. The primordial mind is pure. It is empty of itself, of inherent existence. This is our Buddha nature. This is our Bodhi mind. It is one thing to have clarity, it is another to use it.
- Ross Moore teaching at Tara Institute, Melbourne. Nov. 2004.