Jump to navigation Jump to search
- After love, the man sleeps, while the woman reflects.
- As a European, I need to stay in Europe and I make Italian movies, French movies. Then to come to America is something interesting for me.
- As a woman I am so curious about prostitutes because of the idea that they know men better than you. Also, it's such a strange way to live. But at the same time there are prostitutes who just want to be prostitutes, and this is this woman, nobody pushed her to do it. She's a prostitute because she wants to be a prostitute. It's her philosophy of life.
- Beauty becomes alive and interesting when it's habited.
- Being an actress is the sublimation of feminity.
- I come from a Catholic religion, but I'm not Catholic.
- I could never live there. They are obsessed with youth and beauty even more than us. There is this thing in America where actresses reach 40 and go mad. The film industry wants all these young people. They also like a different sort of woman (to me). I will never be skinny. I also had a child a year ago, and I have been lazy. I love to eat. Who cares? I am natural.
- On why she would not move to Hollywood to further her film career
- I didn't have familiarity with children. I'm learning day after day, with her. And what impress me the most is that she, Deva, is an individual person. But in miniature, she seems to be a special effect.
- On her daughter Deva.
- I feel fine and comfortable with myself, but not because I'm beautiful. I know many beautiful people and their lives are just so terrible. They feel so uncomfortable with themselves. Being comfortable is not about what you look like, but how you feel. I'm a lucky person because I've been loved a lot. I have a great family.
- I listen to "young" music, the one from my age. I adore soul, rap and funky.
- I live in Paris but I feel I am a daughter of Europe.
- I think this is something that touches every country — America, Italy, France, England, all over. You will see all these people, they don't know how to sing, they don't know how to dance, and still they become famous. You know, just celebrities. And I think this is a very dangerous process.
- About television talent shows.
- I'm not scared by nudity, because for me, nothing is more beautiful than a body. You can have such an amazing emotion from a body. In Irréversible (2002), I treated my body like it was an object and it's great when you can have this kind of relation with your body, it's a part of your job, an object you can work with. When you can have this kind of freedom it's the moment where you can give your best as an actress.
- In 10 years I've done so many things. In the beginning I didn't know if I was still a model, if I was an actress. I knew I wanted to be an actress, but it was so difficult to be believed. Now things are going better and better and the proposals I have are much more interesting than five years ago. It's like getting older is getting better.
- It is a handicap if you're stupid, but not if you are intelligent and know how to use your beauty.
- Maybe the reason I work a lot is because each director thinks that I'll be better with him. Maybe the moment where I'll be completely accepted I won't work any more.
- My body is so important to me... my face, my arms, my legs, my hands, my eyes, everything. I use everything I have.
- My career, at the moment, is very exciting, but love comes first because it balances me.
- The human intelligence has progressed at the technological level; not at the level of feelings.
- This is what I like about America, because you have very big budget movie, and also independent movies, so you have many different choices. But I know that I'm European... Being European, it is not easy to find the right project, because you may look different, you sound different, and you have to find the right character.
- Vincent was so incredible, so sweet. When we went to Cannes for the film, you know the moment when I come out from the tunnel and we see me for the first time completely with blood all over, he was crying. I said, 'Vincent, come on. It's just a movie. We know it's not real.
- On her husband's support when Irréversible (2002) was released.
- When I eat with my friends, it is a moment of real pleasure, when I really enjoy my life.
- When I'll be old, I'd rather watch my children than my films.