Work in progress
Before considering this article for deletion please read following.
This article is a work in progress; started 15 February. This article will soon be; - Wikified. In the correct fashion - Links will be made to both Wikipedia and Wikiquote where appropriate - Actual Quotes will be put in - A more substantial list of both mobsters and films will be added all with quotes
This, as it stands, is the basic outline and start of what will become a proffessional page of quotes about the mafia, organized crime and related subjects.
I am aware there is no John Gotti or Carmine Galante, Carlo Gambino or Hymie Wiess there yet. Nor is there Rudy Giuliani or a number of others that should be: they will be.
Thankyou for your patience. -- Alexbonaro 12:09, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
Oh... and also. For each person, film or character sited there will be a brief appropriate description. -- Alexbonaro 12:16, 15 February 2006 (UTC)
- I rearranged the sections and reformatted them based on Wikiquote guidelines. Specifically, I divided the article in "sourced" and "attributed", or unsourced, quotes. By sourcing, we mean the citation of a publication or publically-available recording from a reliable source that can be verified by Wikiquote editors. For print, this means book title or magazine, article name, and publication date. For film, titles usually suffice if they can be found on IMDb. For TV shows, the episode name should be included. For websites, an external link should be provided (but try to use a reliable website, not a discussion forum or individual's website). I would recommend against creating additional subtopics unless and until we actually have quotes for them. One of the primary benefits of wikis is the fluid nature of article organization, which is why we have a general principle of not creating structure until the corresponding content requires it. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 06:28, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
+ Looks good. I'll start adding quotes. Thanks for the help. Giuseppe 01:43, 19 February 2006 (UTC)
Umm, how do I get rid of the changes this guy made. It appears that just a load of stuff was deleted and only two quotes added. Was this vandalism or a mistake? I'm not too bothered but i don't know how to change it back without having to retype it.
- Donnie Brasco
- All the mobsters quotes from Attributed.
Is there a short way that i can just revert the page to how it was at my last edit.
Also, do we not have a sandbox that new users should try out first.
Thanks, --Giuseppe 14:05, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
I just realized how bad this guys edits were. Come on... "Bagodonuts and Pensandpencils"... is that meant to be a joke.
David Duke is now an authority on Organized Crime and the Russian Mafia in particular? Especially making baseless racial statements about it? Does that quote have any actual place here at all? This is Organized Crime, not Idiots Doing What They Do Best. I'm editing it out.
The New York Times says:
- When asked why he robbed banks, he famously replied, Because that's where the money is. It didn't matter that he said he never uttered the phrase. 
- Thanks for looking into it. If possible, it would be good to cite the newspaper that originally made the attribution as well as the memoir that denies it. This quote is famous enough to justify a separate article for Willie Sutton with a single disputed quote. ~ Ningauble 14:57, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- I've seen many lives destroyed. I've seen more people have problems with gambling than I have with drugs and alcohol. And there are some serious consequences if you get in over your head. ~ Michael Franzese
- "If you have a lot of what people want and can't get, then you can supply the demand and shovel in the dough." ~ Lucky Luciano
- You can get much further with a kind word and a gun then you can with a kind word alone. ~ Al Capone
- Q: "Willie, why do you rob banks?"
A: "Cause that's where the money is." ~ Willie Sutton
- There are three sides to every story. Mine, yours and the truth. ~ Joe Massino
- At the end of the day we're all gonna die in jail ~ Vincent Basciano
- A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught ~ [Unknown]
- A little violence never hurt anyone ~ Benjamin Ruggiero
- I'm in the Gotti family; my wife's the boss ~ John Gotti after being questioned by reporters whether or not he was the boss of the Gambino crime family
- This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up. Paul Castellano
- Wherever there's opportunity, the mafia will be there. ~ Johnny Kelly
- We cannot allow this country [Afghanistan] to be influenced by mafia and narcotics-related activities. It kills our economy. It destroys our reputation. So we are going to work against it. ~ Hamid Karzai
- State and federal law enforcement authorities estimate the Genovese group’s core membership at between 250 and 300, with well over 1,000 criminal associates. ~ NJSCI
- Law enforcement experts estimate that the name-sake organization of the late Carlo Gambino currently consists of approximately 150-200 members and as many as 1,500-2,000 associates. ~ NJSCI
- Despite the assaults by law enforcement and the apparent slowdown in membership recruitment, law enforcement authorities estimate the Lucchese group still consists of from 110 to 140 members, with approximately 50 members active in New Jersey. The organization has at least 1,100 associates engaged in criminal activity ~ NJSCI
- The Colombo family’s current strength is estimated at approximately 112 members and 500 associates. ~ NJSCI