Cleaned this page up and added some new quotes, please contribute to this stub. ~ DFA 00:00, 18 January 2006 (UTC)
Pain is temporary, glory is forever... Compare this to the similar George Best quote []. /Jens, Sweden
- Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
- Pain don't hurt.
- "Pain is just a strain on the brain."
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- Pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
- Pain is weakness leaving the body.
- Marine Corps saying
- Pain is why I did that then, and why you do this now.
- Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
- People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.
- The pills would ease the pain.
- The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing.
- Pose Pose why do you suppose why Pain is our name? Because that's what we choose. And life without pain is a long endless chain of errors repeated again and again. So don't be afraid of pain, don't run away.
- American punk band Pain
- There's only one thing to say about pain, it hurts.
- Zeke Willey
- Pain doesn't exist, It's just what you think and when you think.
- James Griffiths.
- You can't avoid pain...you can only deal with it! In some cases, you have to learn to deal with it first!
- Scott Thomson
- The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
- Native American proverb
- We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.