Talk:Paul R. Ehrlich
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Paul R. Ehrlich.
- http://technologizer.com/2008/09/18/errormessage/ claims that Ehrlich is attributed with saying: "To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
- I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.
- In ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish.
- Giving society cheap, abundant energy... would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.
- 1976 (done. Wrong date, it was published in 1975)
Is this good enough of a reference to add these quotes?
Paul R. Ehrlich said in 1969: "If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000" Regis, Ed (February 1997). The Doomslayer. Wired (Issue 5.02). Archived from the original on 2008-05-18. Retrieved on 2010-03-01. Alexaway 17:50, 1 March 2010 (UTC)