whatever ignorant but assertive wikiman accused me of editing in a "nonsense" quote should read the quotation intro to Cormac McCarthy's "blood meridian", and educate themselves, before they eat their foot in public. Its the "blood and time" quote.
- The quote has been restored, with a sourced citation. ~ Aquarius 18:54, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Paul Valéry. --Antiquary 18:11, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- A businessman is a hybrid of a dancer and a calculator.
- A good poet is of no more use to his country than a good petanque player.
- A man who is “of sound mind” is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
- A poem is never finished; it's always an accident that puts a stop to it-that is to say, gives it to the public.
- Ma main se sent touchée aussi bien qu’elle touche ; réel veut dire cela, et rien de plus.
- Translation: My hand feels touched as well as it touches; reality says this, and nothing more.
- Modern man no longer works at what cannot be abbreviated.
- On a toujours cherché des explications quand c’était des représentations qu’on pouvait seulement essayé d’inventer.
- Translation: We have always sought explanations when it was only representations that we could seek to invent.
- The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
- The future is not what it used to be.
- The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.
- To see is to forget the name of the thing one sees.
- A poem is never finished, only abandoned.