Jump to navigation Jump to search
- More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
- Woody Allen
- Pessimism, when you get used to it, is just as agreeable as optimism.
- Arnold Bennett
- Pessimism is the wrong corner to turn to...
- Mark Aaron A. Corrales
- He that hopes no good fears no ill.
- Thomas Fuller
- Pessimism is, in brief, playing the sure game. You cannot lose at it; you may gain. It is the only view of life in which you can never be disappointed. Having reckoned what to do in the worst possible circumstances, when better arise, as they may, life becomes child's play."
- Thomas Hardy
- How many pessimists end up by desiring the things they fear, in order to prove that they are right.
- Robert Mallet
- There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist, except an old optimist.
- Mark Twain
- Logic and sermons never convince, The damp of the night drives deeper into my soul.
- Walt Whitman
- Optimists are useless and merely find hope where pessimists will work.
- Ben Dory
- The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
- George F. Will
- A pessimist is never disappointed.
- Jack Cleary
- A pessimist is one who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
- Oscar Wilde