- Looking down on empty streets, all she can see
are the dreams all made solid
are the dreams all made real.
- All of the buildings, all of those cars
were once just a dream
in somebody's head
- Dreaming of mercy st.
wear your inside out
dreaming of mercy
in your daddy's arms again
dreaming of mercy st.
'swear they moved that sign
dreaming of mercy
in your daddy's arms
- Dreaming of the tenderness— the tremble in the hips
of kissing Mary's lips.
- Mercy, mercy, looking for mercy...
alguien me puede traducir la letra al español por favor
Lyrics and policy
None of these song lyrics belong here, these are not quotes from Peter Gabriel, they are works by Peter Gabriel. Aside from the copyright issues, Wikiquote is not a compendium of song lyrics or entire poems. There are plenty of sites on the Internet to find Peter Gabriel lyrics other than here. Does anyone have anything from interviews or something interesting that Gabriel might have said?
I agree with the above. Peter Gabriel has said many things, but a list of song lyrics does him no justice. If no original quotes can be found then i think the song lyrics should be deleted. --18.104.22.168 00:06, 19 November 2006 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Peter Gabriel. --Antiquary 19:21, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- We have always looked to political ideology to bring about change in our society. It may well be that technology does this job much more effectively. Power to the people right on.
- There has always been a strong relationship between music and religion. It is because they both plug directly into the heart and can have real power for good or evil,
- Music is something that makes you feel, makes you think, and if you're really lucky, it makes you move.