hey, there's gotta be a lot more Trudeau quotes than this!
- Oh, there certainly are, it's just they have to be dated/cited....I'm currently searching for the date/venue of "English Canada doesn't have a culture - I'm going to give it one" (speaking of opening up immigration in the late '60s/early '70s and the institution of official multiculturalism). And unfortunately you can't "quote" the famous finger at Salmon Arm; gestures don't count as quotes, sadly enough....;-0
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable, precise and verifiable source for any quote on this list please move it to Pierre Trudeau. --Antiquary 20:35, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- Canada is a country built against any common, geographic, historic or cultural sense.
- Canada is seen to some as a confederation of shopping centres.
- Quote attributed to Trudeau in reference to certain premiers' anxieties regarding federal intrusions (1981)
- English Canada doesn't have a culture — I'm going to give it one.
- Speaking of the new institution of official multiculturalism, combined with increased immigration.
- In Quebec, people are moved too often by passion and too little by intelligence.
- Statement while president of the 1956–1958 anti-Duplessis intellectual guild, Le Rassemblement.
- It's not a perfect job, but it sure beats working.
- I can't give you too many kisses. The press are watching. Perhaps later.
- Speaking to a female party worker
- Mr. Montgomery, there are only two things I do in bed. One of them is sleep and I wouldn't let you photograph the other one.
- Nuclear weapons exist. They probably always will. And they work, with horrible efficiency. They threaten the very future of our species. We have no choice but to manage that risk. Never again can we put the task out of our minds; nor trivialize it; nor make it routine. Nor dare we lose heart.
- Reporter: Will you give up the Mercedes?
Trudeau: Are you talking about the car now, or the girl?
Reporter: The car.
Trudeau: I won't give up either.
- A part of my soul has left me
- After the death of his lifelong friend Gerard Pelletier in 1997
To be blunt, the pictures on the side repeating quotes are beyond tacky. I'd reccomend just having a portrait style picture in the corner, without a quote under it.
Trudeau on south africa ``britain will be stupid to let go~~