Talk:Pope John XXIII
- A peaceful man does more good than a learned one.
- Anybody can be Pope; the proof of this is that I have become one.
- Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
- I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart.
- If God created shadows it was to better emphasize the light.
- It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the Pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the Pope.
- See everything, overlook a great deal, correct a little.
- The feelings of my smallness and my nothingness always kept me good company.
- When I eat alone I feel like a seminarian being punished. I tried it for one week and I was not comfortable. Then I searched through Sacred Scripture for something saying I had to eat alone. I found nothing, so I gave it up and it's much better now.
- (On a visit to Roman prison inmates) You could not come to me, so I came to you.
- Figliuoli beloveds, I feel your voices. Mine is a voice, single, but the voice of the entire world is reassumed: here all the world is represented. It would be said that even the moon has hurried this evening, observes it up to you, to watch this show. My person counts nothing: it is a brother that speaks you, become father for the will of our Gentleman… But all entirety, paternity and fraternità and grace of God, all all… We continue therefore to wanting, wanting to us well well to us thus; watching to us thus nell' encounter: to pick what it joins to us, to leave from part, if c' it is, some thing that us can hold a po' in difficulty… Returning to house, you will find the children, dates a caress to your children and say: this is the caress of the Pope. You will find some tear to dry: you say a good word. The Pope is with we, .specialmente in the hours of the sadness and dell' bitterness. And then, all entirety we animate ourselves: singing, sighing, crying, but always full of confidence in the Christ who helps us and that he listens to us, we continue to resume our way
removed references to other quote archive
Sites that are compendiums of quotes (much like Wikiquote) are not primary sources, and should not be used as references in Wikiquote (it would be rather circular to reference a quote on one quote compendium with a another compendium). This is discussed in Wikiquote:Sourcing if you'd like to read more about it.