Jump to navigation Jump to search
- According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two. Does that seem right? That means to the average person, if you have to go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than doing the eulogy.
- The Human Brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public!
- Sir George Jessel.
- What the heart thinks, the tongue speaks.
- Romanian Proverb.
- There are three things to aim at in public speaking: first, to get into your subject, then to get your subject into yourself, and lastly, to get your subject into the heart of your audience.
- Alexander Gregg, (1819-1893), an Episcopalian clergyman, the first Bishop of Texas.
- You can speak well if your tongue can deliver the message of your heart.
- John Ford.
- Speech is power: Speech is to persuade, to convert, to compel.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- When a man gets up to speak, people listen then look. When a woman gets up to speak, people look then, if they like what they see, they listen.
- Pauline Frederick
- "Speak when you are angry—and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret." ~ Laurence J. Peter
- "It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech." ~ Mark Twain
- "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." ~ Gore Vidal
- "Let thy speech be short, comprehending much in a few words." ~ Apocrypha