- They didn’t laugh; they all wept and kneeled. And then they applauded him for a good fifteen minutes. He had that certain animal magnetism—like an evangelist.
- Contending that Adolf Hitler must be viewed as a threat and describing Hitler's effect on German farmers (1933).
- dear uncle franklin, am having difficulty getting accredited to french army. time is important...please give my love to aunt eleanor.
- Text of a telegram that Reynolds purportedly drafted to trick the French into believing that Reynolds was the nephew of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, so that Reynolds would be able to visit the front lines as France fell before Germany.
- The scientists split the atom; now the atom is splitting us.