Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Rick Warren.
- Before something can be dynamic it must first be specific.
- Never stop learning. All leaders are learners. The moment you stop learning, you stop leading. Growing churches require growing pastors. The moment you stop growing, your church stops growing.
- A church is either structured for growth or control.
- A church should be judged not on its seating capacity, but on its sending capacity.
- Never compare your ministry: for two reasons. First, you’ll always find someone doing a better job that you and you’ll get discouraged. Second, you’ll always find someone that you’re doing a better job than, and get full of pride. Either way, you’ll be dead in the water.
- What we normally do in the structure of a message is that we do interpretation and then application of a point, then the next interpretation and the next application, the next interpretation and the next application. I am suggesting that if you want to reach the unchurched, you just reverse that procedure. You still get both — it’s just the way you do it.
- People respond to responsibility.
- It is not enough for us to simply proclaim that "Christ is the answer," we must show the unchurched how Christ is the answer. Sermons that exhort people to change without sharing the practical steps of how to do it end up just producing more guilt and frustration.
- Life is preparation for eternity.
- You were planned for God's pleasure.
- You were formed for God's family.
- You were created to be like Christ.
- You were SHAPED to serve God by serving others.
- You were made for a mission.
- When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life.
- You are not an accident.
- The way you see your life shapes your life.
- It is more rewarding to resolve a relationship that to dissolve it. It’s also more Christlike.
- God gets the greatest glory when we attack the greatest giants.
- Before I pay for it, I pray for it.