- "It's just me face."
- Ringo, replying to an American reporter in the 60's who asked him why he always looked so sad.
- It was just like Butlins.
- Ringo after returning from a meditation camp in India.
- America: It's like Britain, only with buttons.
- I like Beethoven, especially the poems.
- "There's a woman in the United States who predicted the plane we were traveling on would crash. Now, a lot of people would like to think we were scared into saying a prayer. What we did actually--we drank."
- Ringo Starr, 1966
- "I hope the fans will take up meditation instead of drugs."
- Ringo Starr, 1967
- "So this is America. They must be out of their minds."
Ringo Starr, circa 1964, arriving in America for the first time.
- "I'm not going to say anything because nobody believes me when I do."
- Ringo Starr, circa 1969 (concerning the rumors of Paul's death)
- It's been a hard days'.. night.
- Ringo, after leaving the studio following a day of recording. He didn't know what time it was when they left, causing him to mis-speak. John thought this was funny and coined it for a song, although John used that line before "A Hard Day's Night" in his book, "In His Own Write."
- "Spent it on fish and chips"
- Ringo, responding to (Stuttering) John Melendez' question asking him what he did with all the money his mother gave him for singing lessons.
- "I guess I'll just sit out on my yacht and sulk about it"
- Ringo, responding to a reporter who asked him what he would do some day when he was no longer a rock star and the fans were not screaming his name.
- "I think I was nostalgic at Birth."
- Ringo, in a dual television interview with George Harrison.
- "Every time someone spells "beetles" with an "A", we get some money" --Ringo (1964)
Message to Fans
- This is a serious message to everyone watching my update. Peace and love. Peace and love.
- I want to tell you after the 20th of October please do not send fan mail to any address you have. Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October.
- If that is the date on the envelope, it's going to be tossed. I'm warning you with peace and love. I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you. And no objects to be signed. Nothing. Anyway, peace and love, peace and love.