Talk:Robert Downey Jr.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- On his substance abuse relapse "It's like I have a loaded gun in my mouth and my finger's on the trigger, and I like the taste of the gunmetal"
- "I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker."
- "I've always been a fella who put most of my eggs in one basket and then take a dump in the basket"
- "I've always just shown up and tried to figure out what's for lunch and am I going to get to play some racquetball that night"
- " even bad years are pretty good years I think"
- “A lot of my peer group think I'm an eccentric bisexual, like I may even have an ammonia-filled tentacle somewhere on my body. That's okay.”
- “It was so nice to go into this fake courtroom [on Ally McBeal]. I immediately went up into the judge's chair. Nice view. A preferable perspective.”
- “I could deal with this [Pokemon] if I smoked a couple of grams of blacktar heroin."
- "I don't think I'm allowed to have a gun anymore. They took it. I think I deserve to have it back when my probation is over. It's not like I did anything with the gun except pretend that I was skilled in its use."
- "I wasn't worried about whether I was going to go insane, I was very well aware that I was insane."
- "Violent ground-acquisition games such as football are in fact a crypto-fascist metaphor for nuclear war."
- "I've always been a pretty outspoken guy, and just like other aspects of my character, I've had no choice but to be candid sooner or later, all is known anyway."
- I thought it was a completely incendiary idea and I blame it all on Ben Stiller and DreamWorks [About his role as an Australian actor playing a black man in "Tropic Thunder"]