Jump to navigation Jump to search
About Sachin Tendulkar (unsourced)
- "This is the most wonderful batsman
- Gets it ! First man on the planet to reach 200 ... And it's the superman from India ... Take a bow Master ...
- Ravi Shastri
- I was fielding in the covers when Tendulkar came out to bat in his debut Test at Karachi. I still remember Waqar Younis was at his peak form at that time. Tendulkar tried to drive Waqar through the covers off his very first ball in Test cricket but was beaten all ends up. But I walked to captain Imran Khan and told him 'this kid looks very good' and Imran agreed with me.
Then came the one-day international at Peshawar, which was reduced due to rain. When Tendulkar came at the crease I told him that not to get bogged down against me and he should try and hit me at all parts of the Arbab Niaz Stadium. It was not that I bowled badly but it was due to his ability that he hit me for I think 24 odd runs in one over.
Then it became a routine for me to chat with young Tendulkar whenever we met in the nets or in the hotel. I used to give him tips how to play spinners and I must admit he was a good listener and always tried to learn. After the home series we went to Sharjah and although Tendulkar didn't score that many runs against my bowling I gave him tips off the field whenever we had time.
- In an over I can bowl six different balls. But then Sachin looks at me with a sort of gentle arrogance down the pitch as if to say 'Can you bowl me another one?'
- I had heard a lot about him back home, but I must admit that he is the most difficult and unpredicatable to deal with.
- Allan Donald in his debut series in India (1991)
- "What I admire about Sachin is his humility, respect for elders and the passion for the game that he has retained even after so many years and after achieving so much in cricket. He has not changed at all."
- Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar
- "His humbleness and simplicity has helped him to achieve what others could not. His dedication is one of the main reasons for his achievements and he is role model to up and coming youngsters. In India every youngster who is in to school or college cricket wants to become a Sachin."
- "The way he has taken on the role of India's greatest sporting ambassador... He has, among other things, inspired a generation and more to play cricket." - India's 1983 World Cup winning captain Kapil Dev]
- When you bowl at him you are not trying to get him out, you are trying to impress him. "I want him to walk off thinking 'that Flintoff, he's all right isn't he? I feel privileged to have played against him.
- Both of us have come a long away and it is a great honor that Tendulkar thinks I come close to resembling him as a batsman. It is a great honor, like a dream come true. If I die tomorrow I'll be the happiest man because I played this game because of Tendulkar, and Tendulkar himself saying that I resemble him - there is no bigger compliment than that.
- A flighted full toss on Leg stump by spinner. any other will play this shot on leg side by pull shot or glance or flick. but Sachin made a space and played a perfect cover drive for four runs. the shot played on this ball is only possible for "God of Cricket"
- His mind is like a computer. He stores data on bowlers and knows where they are going to pitch the ball.
- You know when he is playing, the Indian side is hell of a lot better side
- If you are in non-striker end and Sachin is playing his game then it is best place to watch Sachin