Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Salma Hayek. --Antiquary 16:56, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- I act tall!
- I do love directing. I'm picky with it. I'm writing something now that God knows how long it is going to take me to finish, and God knows if it's going to be good enough for me to direct. But I'm trying, because in order to direct I am going into writing. So let's see how this experiment turns out.
- I don't believe in the so-called Latino explosion when it comes to movies. Jennifer Lopez doesn't have an accent. She grew up in New York speaking English not Spanish. Her success is very important because she represents a different culture, but it doesn't help me. I grew up in Mexico, not the US, and the fact is that there just aren't any parts for Latin actresses. I have to persuade people that my accent won't be a problem, but an asset.
- I have gotten a lot more attention than... other women that I find incredibly beautiful. And this has happened to me ever since I was a girl, when I was flat, had no teeth, was skinny and small as I could be. I always got more attention than anyone else. If I hadn't, I would have made sure I did...
- I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do.
- I'm a bit of an abstract figure that people can project their fantasies on; it's pretty much what we all are, otherwise we wouldn't be stars, and people wouldn't be interested. But people project things on you that have nothing to do with what you really are, or they see a little something and then exaggerate it. And you can't really control that.
- Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
- My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood.
- No woman has to be a victim of physical abuse. Women have to feel like they are not alone.
- People often say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
- When I first came to Hollywood I was told to go out with an agent because it was good for my career. So I went to a party with him because it was good for my "career." Well, he thought the whole thing was a big date. Needless to say, I was very upset.