Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Seymour Cray.
- Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system.
- On the importance of memory, bandwidth and throughput.
- I just bought a Mac to help me design the next Cray.
- Comment on Apple's purchase of a Cray which was intended to help them design the next Mac.
- If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use?... Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?
- Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.
- On virtual memory.
- Parity is for farmers.
- On why he left memory error-detecting code out of the CDC 6600.
- I learned that a lot of farmers buy computers.
- After he did include error-detecting code on the CDC 7600