+ *Estranged sibling: "If you cut a slice from the family pie it must be a large serving." Is an original quote used in training sessions and when addressing genealogical society discussion groups. Is a recommended manually entered custom fact label to "Family Tree Maker 2008" software (by Ancestry.com), WeRelate.org (wiki), etc. where family members are estranged. The estranged family member (slice) and their immediate family (large serving) are privatized when projects are published. I view this as a valid unsourced quote. ~David J. Flavin
- Any man, when feeling down-in-the-dirt, rotten, failure, etc., is resurrected when his sister comes to comfort him.
- If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.
- Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.
- She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.
- Estranged sibling: "If you cut a slice from the family pie it must be a large serving."
- Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.