Cleaned up the citations by adding links, etc. --220.127.116.11 05:15, 19 August 2005 (UTC) [[Media:Mads Rask Larsen]]once said: Everyone longs for silence but complete silence means death --Lionheart 16:15, 20 February 2008 (UTC)
- Nobody understands the silence of the things.
- Silence is sometimes the severest criticism.
- It was after I got to Boston that I went into the anechoic chamber at Harvard University. Anybody who knows me knows this story. I am constantly telling it. Anyway, in that silent room, I heard two sounds, one high and one low. Afterward I asked the engineer in charge why, if the room was so silent, I had heard two sounds. He said, 'Describe them.' I did. He said, 'The high one was your nervous system in operation. The low one was your blood in circulation.'
- In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
- Be silent always when you doubt your sense.
- Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favours you have received.
- It is a great thing to know the season for speech and the season for silence.
- In human intercourse the tragedy begins, not when there is misunderstanding about words, but when silence is not understood.
- If you do not understand my Silence, how will you understand my Words.
- Author Unknown